Huawei OceanStor VIS6000
Huawei OceanStor VIS6000 series virtual intelligent storage system is an industry-leading virtual storage product. It satisfies customers' requirements for heterogeneous storage consolidation and hierarchical disaster recovery. As a secure and open storage system with high reliability and performance, the VIS6000 provides unified management, data migration, and multi-level data protection for heterogeneous environments.
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as Huawei ) launches the OceanStor VIS6000 virtual intelligent storage system (hereinafter referred to as the VIS6000) series. The VIS6000 is a virtualized storage product of high flexibility and openness. It serves high- and medium-end customer groups, for example, government information centers, financial users, telecommunications carriers, and large enterprises and organizations.
The VIS6000 is a storage virtualization system based on the network. By taking over the input/output (I/O) traffic between application servers (ASs) and storage systems, the VIS6000 can manage heterogeneous storage arrays and support heterogeneous AS environment, thus implementing information consolidation in heterogeneous environment. The VIS6000 supports the snapshot, remote data replication, and remote mirroring functions across different storage platforms, thus implementing protection for local data and disaster recovery through remote data backup.
Powerful Virtualization Capability
- Resource consolidation across heterogeneous disk arraysWith a virtualized architecture on the network layer, the VIS6000 integrates storage devices of different brands and models into one storage pool. So the customer uses the logical storage resources provided by the VIS6000 and does not need to care about details on the back-end storage devices.
- Seamless integration of FC and IP networks The VIS6000 provides FC and iSCSI connectivity
- Resource allocation on demandThe VIS6000 allows applications to provide the user with a virtual capacity that is larger than the actual capacity allocated by the storage system. This optimizes the utilization of storage space and simplifies resource allocation, thus reducing the total cost of ownership.
Perfect Data Protection Capability
- Mirroring - Supporting disaster recovery (DR) between heterogeneous disk arrays through mirroring, the VIS6000 guarantees business continuity and provides highly reliable DR solutions.
- Replication - Remote DR policies, enable the user to implement unified deployment and management of multi-service DR applications at different levels. The I/O-specific data replication technology eliminates data loss.
Advanced Architecture Design
- High performance - The VIS6000 allows a maximum of eight nodes to work in active-active mode.One node has a maximum of 12 ports for connections.The performance increases linearly with the number of nodes.
- Excellent reliability - Full hardware redundancy eliminates the impact of single points of failure and ensures 7 x 24 service running.The advanced active-active cluster technology realizes multipath load balancing and failover and frees the system from interruptions.
Easy System Management
- Device management - The network management system monitors the device running state in real time, and the full-dimensional fault diagnosis mechanism greatly simplifies the management.
- Resource management - Friendly graphical user interfaces simplify planning and scheduling of heterogeneous storage resources, level up the management efficiency, and optimize resource utilization.
- DR management - The customizable DR solution provides multiple DR management services, such as DR tests, drilling, maintenance, and evaluation.