OceanStor CloudStor CSS
The Cloud Storage System (CSS) is a powerful distributed systems platform (Distributed file systems and Distributed database) featuring cutting-edge distributed system architecture, large capacity, flexible expansion, and intelligent resource allocation and management. It meets the requirements of file services, websites, file backup, streaming media, video surveillance, behavior analysis, log monitoring, historical data retrieval, and data mining. As an industry-leading cloud storage system, it is widely deployed in fields such as government, enterprise, education, telecom, broadcast & television, and Internet.
- Compatible with SQL-92 syntax standards.
- Supports common statistical analysis querying including Group and Sort statements.
- Supports multi-table joint querying including Join statements.
- Supports JDBC and ODBC interfaces.
- Optimises storage space and resource utilization with the exclusive data compression technology, which is transparent to applications and can achieve a compression ratio up to 7:1.
File System features
- Support POSIX, NFS, CIFS, FTP protocols
High Reliability & Availability
- Employs inter-node RAID technology — Erasure code, which allows the failure of up to three nodes (66 data disks) at the same time in each domain with fewer than 22 nodes and is completely transparent to service hosts.
- Uses a full redundancy design to ensure 99.999% availability.
- Disk Pre-copy Technology, Faulty disks are detected in advance and data on the faulty disks is migrated to normal disks to avoid the raid reconstruction and extend disk life.
- Bad Sector Repair, Repair bad sectors with best effort, reducing the disk failure rate
High Performance and Scalability
- Uses SSDs for enhanced metadata access performance.
- Eliminates the bottleneck of standard storage nodes and metadata nodes while enabling cross-node concurrent access and to provide 32GB system distributed cache of each node.
- As the number of nodes in the CSS increases, performance improves linearly, throughput per domain reaches a couple of GB/s, the maximum system throughput reaches hundreds of GB/s, and storage capacity is over 100 PB.
- Supports capacity- and performance-based load balancing. The data migration that balances load based on the usage of physical resources such as the CPU, cache, network I/O bandwidth helps ensure system performance and keep capacity balance and applies to the computing cluster that has an extremely high performance requirement.
- Supports online components' hot swapping and nodes' increase and decrease, which is completely transparent to services and implements the real online capacity expansion.
- Employs the all-in-one architecture for centrally managing hardware, networks, and database services.
- Reduces customers' management costs with the wizard-based Integrated Storage Manager (ISM) software.
- Improves troubleshooting efficiency with fault monitoring and alarming (by email, SNMP, or Syslog).
- Supports automatic performance statistics and analysis.
- Offers a namespace-based deduplication technology for maximum storage capacity utilization and reduced overall costs and management complexity.